404 forum

Discussion about 404

Back to the main 404 site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

  • Please do not post solutions to puzzles, but rather post hints as appropriate in response to queries
  • Type [spoiler] ... [/spoiler] around the outside of any hints so they can't be read by accident - e.g. [spoiler]have you tried looking at the corner of the page?[/spoiler]

#1 2019-11-26 15:53:13

Rolytic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 23

Help please and thank you

Hello, it's me again

Spoiler

I have a photocopy of the ID. but I've tried to put it on (or scale it on) puzzle 31. But I don't get anything closer to a word.

And if I instead looking for the third of those eye symbols, then I counted this one (puzzle 33) as the third.

So what am I missing here?

Offline

#2 2019-11-26 16:23:07

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Help please and thank you

Rolytic wrote:

Hello, it's me again

Spoiler

I have a photocopy of the ID. but I've tried to put it on (or scale it on) puzzle 31. But I don't get anything closer to a word.

And if I instead looking for the third of those eye symbols, then I counted this one (puzzle 33) as the third.

So what am I missing here?

Spoiler

Did you find a trail to follow?

Offline

#3 2019-11-29 06:35:33

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: Help please and thank you

winterer wrote:
Rolytic wrote:

Hello, it's me again

Spoiler

I have a photocopy of the ID. but I've tried to put it on (or scale it on) puzzle 31. But I don't get anything closer to a word.

And if I instead looking for the third of those eye symbols, then I counted this one (puzzle 33) as the third.

So what am I missing here?

Spoiler

Did you find a trail to follow?

I have

Spoiler

found the trail.  But where to begin/place it?

Offline

#4 2019-11-29 07:07:11

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Help please and thank you

Becky_P wrote:
winterer wrote:
Rolytic wrote:

Hello, it's me again

Spoiler

I have a photocopy of the ID. but I've tried to put it on (or scale it on) puzzle 31. But I don't get anything closer to a word.

And if I instead looking for the third of those eye symbols, then I counted this one (puzzle 33) as the third.

So what am I missing here?

Spoiler

Did you find a trail to follow?

I have

Spoiler

found the trail.  But where to begin/place it?

Spoiler

Have you been briefed? Then note the start of the trail!

Offline

#5 2019-11-29 11:52:08

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: Help please and thank you

winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:
winterer wrote:
Spoiler

Did you find a trail to follow?

I have

Spoiler

found the trail.  But where to begin/place it?

Spoiler

Have you been briefed? Then note the start of the trail!

Spoiler

I have read the brief.  Tried applying the trail to the brief, but having had no luck there am looking for the 3rd location

Offline

#6 2019-11-29 12:08:47

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Help please and thank you

Becky_P wrote:
winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:

I have

Spoiler

found the trail.  But where to begin/place it?

Spoiler

Have you been briefed? Then note the start of the trail!

Spoiler

I have read the brief.  Tried applying the trail to the brief, but having had no luck there am looking for the 3rd location

Spoiler

The start of the trail is obvious. You need to find the place where to place it. Think ball and socket joint.

Last edited by winterer (2019-11-29 12:25:31)

Offline

#7 2019-12-01 20:25:03

Wabanaba nubnub
Member
Registered: 2019-11-19
Posts: 3

Re: Help please and thank you

Still stuck on this one..

Spoiler

the 'trail' that needs to be coppied is obvious to mo, but where to? The 'third location'? Puzzle nr. 3? Page nr. 3?  I've tried mirroring the trace, but no luck there

Thanks for any help

Offline

#8 2019-12-03 20:20:35

Stavr0s
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 29

Re: Help please and thank you

Me too. Still stuck. I think I got the basic idea but don't know where to apply it.

Spoiler

How do I find the 'third location'. It can relate to a lot of things but none of them seem to give any viable answer.

Offline

#9 2019-12-03 21:48:34

Rolytic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 23

Re: Help please and thank you

winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:
winterer wrote:
Spoiler

Have you been briefed? Then note the start of the trail!

Spoiler

I have read the brief.  Tried applying the trail to the brief, but having had no luck there am looking for the 3rd location

Spoiler

The start of the trail is obvious. You need to find the place where to place it. Think ball and socket joint.

Spoiler

Your definition of obvious and mine and clashing right now. Wish that weren’t true.

Does it need to be resized to the same as puzzle 31? Still hasn’t helped over there though

I’m still stuck on this one. Any help?

Offline

#10 2019-12-04 07:44:43

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Help please and thank you

Rolytic wrote:
winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:
Spoiler

I have read the brief.  Tried applying the trail to the brief, but having had no luck there am looking for the 3rd location

Spoiler

The start of the trail is obvious. You need to find the place where to place it. Think ball and socket joint.

Spoiler

Your definition of obvious and mine and clashing right now. Wish that weren’t true.

Does it need to be resized to the same as puzzle 31? Still hasn’t helped over there though

I’m still stuck on this one. Any help?

Major hint:

Spoiler

Nothing needs to be resized. The start of the trail is on the left, a point slightly thicker than the rest of the trail. The start of the trail needs to be placed somewhere appropriate: as it's round, it must be placed on something round. You'll need to have the choice of at least three such locations. Are we now on the same page? wink

Offline

#11 2019-12-05 13:23:22

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

If isn't 31, then where?

Offline

#12 2019-12-10 21:53:22

Stavr0s
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 29

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

Still no clue where to place the trail. You can find something round on nearly every page.

Offline

#13 2019-12-11 07:41:12

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Help please and thank you

Stavr0s wrote:
Spoiler

Still no clue where to place the trail. You can find something round on nearly every page.

Spoiler

Most puzzles don't require you to look elsewhere. On this page, you have four obvious spots where to place the start of the trail.

Offline

#14 2019-12-11 11:36:36

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

I place the trail in access. now word found

Offline

#15 2019-12-22 10:12:27

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

.I copy the signature anf try to put it in the circle of access. How I get letters? ..

Offline

#16 2019-12-31 13:07:27

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: Help please and thank you

Any new idea?

Offline

#17 2020-01-01 05:56:45

kite
Member
Registered: 2019-11-29
Posts: 13

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

You've placed the signature so it begins at the third location (of four)? Then follow where it goes. It’s about the journey, not the destination.

Offline

#18 2020-01-01 11:25:40

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

the signature find some letters but I can't make a word. letters t e c t r e  maybe .

Offline

#19 2020-01-01 18:20:51

kite
Member
Registered: 2019-11-29
Posts: 13

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

If you use a very precise tracing and take all letters it touches in order of when it touches them (following along the loops and all) you should get a three word sentence that starts with TR. One place, it takes three letters in a row. Interpreting the statement gives you the one word answer.

Offline

#20 Today 10:04:45

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 27

Re: Help please and thank you

Can someone please tell what trail are talking about and how to place and use it?

Offline

#21 Today 12:57:39

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 27

Re: Help please and thank you

kite wrote:
Spoiler

If you use a very precise tracing and take all letters it touches in order of when it touches them (following along the loops and all) you should get a three word sentence that starts with TR. One place, it takes three letters in a row. Interpreting the statement gives you the one word answer.

Can somebody give more precise direction of trail?

Offline

#22 Today 13:06:41

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 27

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

Truth is.. what is the last word of the phrase??

Offline

#23 Today 13:22:58

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: Yesterday
Posts: 27

Re: Help please and thank you

Spoiler

follow the trail starting in 3rd location
it helps if you have transparent paper
6 letter word is the solution

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB